Time indeed flies so fast! I thought I’m still 18! I thought I was just doing silly stuffs and laughing out loud with my high school friends yesterday! And now I’m already, what? 23? Haha..
But hey, isn’t the older the better? The older a wine is, the higher it may worth. The older a cheese is, the more delicious and expensive it may become. This logic should apply to human as well, I guess. The older someone is, the better personal quality she/he may have. And it means that the higher he/she should worth, at least for her/himself!
Being older sometimes equals to being more serious. In every sense, in everything we do. It sounds so boring, right? Wrong! We can always be serious and have fun at the same time. Sounds contradictory? Not really! We can always have serious fun or having fun seriously. Yes! I nailed it! Haha 😀
During my entire life, I have always been so competitive and love to chase goals, name it personal or communal ones. I understand that people may feel worthy through different ways and by different means. I feel happy when I’m able to do something that makes myself and other people happy. I also feel happy when I do silly things and laugh out loud. Thus, today, when I enter my first day of becoming a 23 years old girl, I set a bucket list for myself. I hope that by making this bucket list I can be more driven, determined, persistent, and still having fun at the same time. Not to mention to get support and prayer from those who read this list. The more people who know what I wish for, the more prayer and support I will get, and the bigger chance I’ll have to make it happen. I think. Amen!
So here are 23 things I wanna do in my 23 :
- Getting an empty jar and fill it with good things that happen to me in my 23. By July 21st 2014 I’ll empty it and see what awesome stuffs have happened to me
- Learning how to swim. I know, you’re now just laughing at me. I won’t demand you to stop laughing at me, though. I know I should have written ‘learn how to dive’ or ‘learn how to surf’ instead. But hey! I wouldn’t feel secure to learn how to dive or surf before learning how to swim! Enough said! 😉
- Do a daily meditation
- Run at least 15 miles per week for at least 6 months
- Wall climbing at the karst walls in Phuket, Thailand
- Take a volunteer work in an orangutan protection center in Borneo
- Do at least one half marathon race
- Write a letter in the bottle and send it from a foreign country and see whether it will ever happen to reach me or not 🙂
- Do at least ten random acts of kindness
- Bungee jump or do a tandem paragliding
- Climbing 2 of 3 highest active volcanoes in Indonesia, which are…. *drum roll* Kerinci and Rinjani!! Yay!!
- Take mom and dad to Gili islands or Belitong island for their 25th wedding anniversary
- Get my opinion or analysis published in a national newspaper/magazine
- Be able to speak Spanish at least at the intermediate level
- Do a silent day. So I won’t speak at all for a day in a foreign country and I’ll have to still be able to enjoy the travel, get some foods, and get directions at that day. Yeah!
- Involved in a project with a social cause
- Make a painting and hang it at my room’s wall
- Being in an international conference or festival
- Teaching English to people in my area
- Sponsor a student to a sporting or academic competition
- Visit Myanmar and go back home alive! Kidding! Myanmar isn’t that scary 🙂
- Try a new ‘occasional job’ beside my full time job, like a non routine work that I’ve never done before. A magazine contributor, maybe? Setting a new business with my brother, maybe?
- Read at least 2 books in French. I know it’ll take forever but this is just cool thing to do! Yes, the language itself is cool and sexy! 🙂
And that’s my bucket list. I wish it doesn’t only end up as a list, but a checked list!
Let’s have fun together, people!
Hugs and Kisses,